Sunday, November 7, 2021
All race results are available on this website. Thank you for your participation!
Willis Tower, 233 S Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606
Get directions from Google Maps
Tower Self Park public garage is located directly across from the Willis Tower and around the corner from the Jackson Street event entrance, at 211 West Adams Street.
Parking is available to purchase in advance from iParkit.com for $10 for 5 am until 4 pm. Purchase on our app, iParkit.
Event parking is $10 if purchased in advance and $15 the day of the event (see volunteers for day-of validation).
- Download iParkit to your smart phone from the App Store or Google Play
- Process as a guest or create your account, password, and enter your credit card info
- Once registered, open the app menu
- Click FIND PARKING and search for “211 W. Adams Franklin” & click on Tower Garage
- Enter the date (11/7/21) and times you want to park (between 5 am and 4 pm)*
- Click PROMO CODE – enter your email (if asked) and SKYRISE21 for the rate
- Enter your credit card information
- Click CONTINUE & COMPLETE PURCHASE and slide arrow to the right
- Your BARCODE will be emailed to you. Scan your BARCODE (use your phone for convenience) at the gray round scanner (flashing red lights) for entry and exit
Please make sure you are not logged in when you are finding parking. *Also, do not choose "express," choose "reservation".
In order to pick up your packet and participate in SkyRise Chicago 2021, you must meet your fundraising minimum of $300, which does not include registration fee. If you have not met your minimum, you will not be able to pick up your packet and participate in the event. Donations can also be made at packet pick-up. Please note, climbers may not pick up their packet the day of the event.
Where: Willis Tower, 233 S Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606
When: Friday, November 5, 10 am – 6 pm
Saturday, November 6, 9 am – 3 pm
Schedule of Events
- 6:30 a.m. - Race site opens
- 7:00 a.m. - First wave of climbers
- 10 a.m. - Last wave of climbers. Doors close promptly at 10:15 a.m.
Be on time for your climb. Please arrive at Willis Tower 30 minutes before your assigned start time. Hand cyclists are asked to go directly to the Hand Cycle Arena; climbers will be asked to report to the staging area for climber line-up. Please note: Last climb time is at promptly at 10:00 a.m. and doors will close at 10:15 a.m.
Bibs & Timing Bands
All participants must pin their numbered bibs on their shirts. Your timing chip is attached to your bib. Please do not remove.
Climb Time Waves
Climbers will begin their ascent up the Willis Tower in waves every 15 minutes. Assigned wave times will be printed on your bib. Participants are asked to arrive at our staging area at the Willis Tower 15 minutes prior to the designated wave time.
- Listen for your starting time block to be announced and report to the staging area on Lower Level 2 to line up with your group.
- Climb single-file on the right side of the staircase and allow faster climbers to pass on the left. You can stop on a landing to catch your breath, but be aware that other climbers are coming up behind you.
- If you need to stop the climb for any reason please inform one of the volunteers, who will be stationed on every other floor. Monitors will be stationed throughout the stairwell to assist you. There are exits on floors 33 and 66 for those who cannot finish
- Climbers may only ascend the tower once. Carrying infants and small children is prohibited.
- Check out our training tips for climbers or handcyclers!
- Firefighters registering to climb in gear may not start prior to 10 am; acceptable climb gear does not include tanks or respirators.
Gear check is available but space is limited. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate the storage of luggage and large bags; we will not be able to accept such large items in gear check. Please do not check valuables, as we cannot be held responsible for your items.
Access to the Skydeck is for climbers only. Spectators may wait on the Ground Level.
Water will be available in the lobby, at the finish line on floor 103 and at 6 additional water out stations through the stair climb.
Restrooms are available prior to entering the stairwell. For accessible restroom please see Customer Service on the lobby level. Restrooms are not available in the stairwells. Please remember to use the facilities before your climb.
Emergency medical crews will be on site for those who need assistance during the event. Red phones located inside the stairwells can connect you directly to Willis Tower security.
Donations can be dropped off at in the Customer Service area. Checks should be made payable to Shirley Ryan AbilityLab. They may also be mailed to Shirley Ryan AbilityLab c/o Advancement, 355 East Erie Street, Chicago, IL 60611. Get more information on contact us or our sponsorship page.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Share your fundraising updates and event photos and on your social media channels using the hashtags, #skyrise or #towerup!