Join Us Sunday, November 5, 2023
2023 Race Results
See your final race results by visiting this website or scanning the QR code on your bib, and searching by name or bib number.
Commemorate Your Success with Your Official Skyrise Chicago Photos
Go to Skydeck.pgiphotos.com to view and purchase your team, stairwell, and Ledge photos.
Your Photo ID will be the letters “SKY” followed by your bib # as a 6-digit number. As an example, bib number 1234 would be entered as “SKY001234”
Team and Ledge photos will be available under the designated runner’s bib number, so check with your team if they are not visible under your bib!
If you receive an “Invalid Photo ID” message, you can use these links to view stairwell photos where we could not identify the runner’s bib number:
If you cannot find your photo or need further assistance, please email us at [email protected]
233 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606 (Directions)
Please enter the Willis Tower from the Jackson Blvd. entrance.
Registration & Fundraising
Fundraising minimum: $200
All climbers and handcyclists must register and meet the fundraising minimum to receive their packet and be able to participate in the climb.
Schedule of Events
Climb times will be sent to all participants the week before the climb. Assigned wave times will also be printed on your bib. Participants are asked to arrive at our staging area at the Willis Tower 30 minutes prior to the designated wave time.
- 6:30 am: Race site opens
- 7:00 am: First wave of climbers
- 11 am: Final climbers begin. The stairwell doors will close promptly at 11:15 a.m.
Be on time for your climb. Please arrive at Willis Tower 30 minutes before your assigned start time. Hand cyclists are asked to go directly to the Hand Cycle Arena; climbers will be asked to report to the staging area for climber line-up.
Climbing Safety & Instructions
All participants must pin their numbered bibs on their shirts. Your timing chip is attached to your bib. Please do not remove. To ensure the safety of all participants, please adhere to these guidelines:
- Listen for your starting time block to be announced and report to the staging area on Lower Level 2 to line up with your group.
- Climb single-file on the right side of the staircase and allow faster climbers to pass on the left. You can stop on a landing to catch your breath, but be aware that other climbers are coming up behind you.
- If you need to stop the climb for any reason please inform one of the volunteers, who will be stationed on every other floor. Monitors will be stationed throughout the stairwell to assist you. There are exits on floors 33 and 66 for those who opt-out of finishing.
- Climbers may only ascend the tower once.
- Carrying infants and small children is prohibited.
- Backpacks, fanny packs and other bags will not be permitted in the stairwell.
- Shoes are required; no one will be permitted to climb with bare feet.
- Participants are asked to leave obstructive clothing, costumes, equipment or accessories at home.
- Firefighters registering to climb in gear may not start prior to 10 am; acceptable climb gear does not include tanks or respirators.
New Location! Please enter from Jackson Blvd. Gear check will be to your immediate left after you enter on the ground floor level.
Space is limited. We are unable to accommodate the storage of luggage and large bags. Please do not check valuables, as we cannot be held responsible for your items.
New! Limited Edition Merchandise
Limited edition merchandise will be for sale at packet pick-up and on event day. Plan your buy now!
Access to the Skydeck is for climbers only. Spectators may wait on the ground level.
Water will be available in the lobby, at the finish line on floor 103 and at 6 additional water out stations through the stair climb.
Restrooms are available prior to entering the stairwell. For accessible restroom please see Customer Service on the lobby level. Restrooms are not available in the stairwells. Please remember to use the facilities before your climb.
Emergency medical crews will be on site for those who need assistance during the event. Red phones located inside the stairwells can connect you directly to Willis Tower security.
Donations can be dropped off at in the Customer Service area. Checks should be made payable to Shirley Ryan AbilityLab. They may also be mailed to Shirley Ryan AbilityLab c/o Advancement, 355 East Erie Street, Chicago, IL 60611. Get more information on contact us or our sponsorship page.
2022 Race Results
Will be available via the QR code on your bib.