Sunday, November 6, 2022
All climber results can be found here or via the QR code on your bib.
Willis Tower, 233 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606 (Google Maps directions)
Please enter the Willis Tower from the Jackson Blvd. entrance.
Friday, November 4, 10 am – 6 pm
Saturday, November 5, 9 am – 3 pm
Willis Tower, 233 S Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606
Please enter the Willis Tower from Jackson Blvd. and take the escalators down to Lower Level 1. Packet pick-up will be located in the room to the left once you get off the escalator.
In order to pick up your packet and participate in SkyRise Chicago, you must meet your fundraising minimum of $200, which does not include registration fee. If you have not met your minimum, you will not be able to pick up your packet and participate in the event. Donations can also be made at packet pick-up. Please note, you may not pick up your packet the day of the event.
Please note: There are different garages depending on the day you are visiting. In addition, two reservations are required if parking Friday or Saturday and Sunday.
Traders Self-Park Garage (Google Map directions)
Entrances: 329 S. Franklin and 326 S. Wells
Validated parking: $15
Please ask for a validation sticker at packet pick-up. No online reservations are available Friday.
Saturday & Sunday
Tower Self-Park Garage (Google Map directions)
Entrances: 241 S. Franklin and 211 W. Adams
Validated parking: $10 online reservation, $15 day-of
Please ask volunteers for a validation sticker day-of. No sticker is needed for parking purchases made in advance.
Online Reservations for Parking
- Download iParkit to your smart phone from the App Store or Google Play.
- Process as a guest or create your account, password, and enter your credit card info.
- Once registered, open the app menu.
- Click FIND PARKING and search for “211 West Adams” and click on Tower Self Park Garage.
- Enter the date (11/5/22 or 11/6/22) and times you want to park (between 5 am and 4 pm).
- Click PROMO CODE – enter your email (if asked) and SKYRISE22 for the rate.
- Enter your credit card information.
- Click CONTINUE & COMPLETE PURCHASE and slide arrow to the right.
- Your BARCODE will be emailed to you. Scan your BARCODE (use your phone for convenience) at the gray round scanner (flashing red lights) for entry and exit.
Schedule of Events
Climb times will be sent to all participants the week before the climb. Assigned wave times will also be printed on your bib. Participants are asked to arrive at our staging area at the Willis Tower 30 minutes prior to the designated wave time.
- 6:30 am: Race site opens
- 7:00 am: First wave of climbers
- 11 am: Final climbers begin. The stairwell doors will close promptly at 11:15 a.m.
Be on time for your climb. Please arrive at Willis Tower 30 minutes before your assigned start time. Hand cyclists are asked to go directly to the Hand Cycle Arena; climbers will be asked to report to the staging area for climber line-up.
All participants must pin their numbered bibs on their shirts. Your timing chip is attached to your bib. Please do not remove. In addition, please:
- Listen for your starting time block to be announced and report to the staging area on Lower Level 2 to line up with your group.
- Climb single-file on the right side of the staircase and allow faster climbers to pass on the left. You can stop on a landing to catch your breath, but be aware that other climbers are coming up behind you.
- If you need to stop the climb for any reason please inform one of the volunteers, who will be stationed on every other floor. Monitors will be stationed throughout the stairwell to assist you. There are exits on floors 33 and 66 for those who opt-out of finishing.
- Climbers may only ascend the tower once.
- Carrying infants and small children is prohibited.
- Firefighters registering to climb in gear may not start prior to 10 am; acceptable climb gear does not include tanks or respirators.
Gear check located on Lower Level 1 but space is limited. We are unable to accommodate the storage of luggage and large bags. Please do not check valuables, as we cannot be held responsible for your items.
New! After Party
We are excited to host our first-ever after party! Once you complete the climb, grab your gear on LL1 and head to the second floor of Willis Tower for snacks, drinks and fun with your team. Spectators are also welcome!
Access to the Skydeck is for climbers only. Spectators may wait at the After Party on level 2.
Water will be available in the lobby, at the finish line on floor 103 and at 6 additional water out stations through the stair climb.
Restrooms are available prior to entering the stairwell. For accessible restroom please see Customer Service on the lobby level. Restrooms are not available in the stairwells. Please remember to use the facilities before your climb.
Emergency medical crews will be on site for those who need assistance during the event. Red phones located inside the stairwells can connect you directly to Willis Tower security.
Donations can be dropped off at in the Customer Service area. Checks should be made payable to Shirley Ryan AbilityLab. They may also be mailed to Shirley Ryan AbilityLab c/o Advancement, 355 East Erie Street, Chicago, IL 60611. Get more information on contact us or our sponsorship page.